Sunday, July 29, 2012

Coming to an end

This is my last week with Desert Jet. My official last day will be this Friday. Looking back I can say I have learned so much from my internship opportunity. I had the chance to develop and work on all my goals we had set before the beginning of my internship. I have learned about charter operations and how to work with clients and properly answer phone calls. I have learned all about scheduling and the logistics behind it. I have spent time learning about marketing, utilizing different software programs to create direct mail materials and email marketing campaigns. I have taken a training course in the company's Cirrus. I worked with APD a professional cleaning company, who taught me aircraft specific cleaning techniques. Working with the Director of Safety I performed and in depth company audit and spent time with him discussing ways to improve the audit program. I have also worked with the accounting department designing a new employee personnel file as well as entered data into the system for company flight logs. A lot of what I have learned in my classes at the University have transferred over and been useful in my internship. Jimmy Splichal's Air Carrier Operations Class has by far been the most useful. In his class we learned about Part 135 operations, crucial information I have used on a daily basis during my internship. New skills I acquired included a better understanding of Part 135 operations, marketing techniques, and industry safety standards. I would love to continue to improve on my customer service skills including building stronger relationships with clients and other charter operators and brokers. I feel that these skills will follow me no matter what role I find myself in aviation. Again, this internship has been an amazing experience and has given me a bird's eye view to the possibilities for a career in aviation. I have definitely enjoyed learning about Part 135 operations and could see this becoming an exciting career path for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment