Wednesday, May 16, 2012

First Day as an Intern

They day started off great. It began with me arriving at 8am to be introduced to Denise, the CEO of Desert Jet. She was headed on a trip to Cabo San Lucas for a client, so she asked me to come in early. She was busy preparing for the trip so her husband Rob then took me under his wing and had me help him preflight the Citation Bravo. He showed me where they stored the different beverages and inflight snacks as well as how to complete a basic preflight walk-around. I then had the opportunity to speak with Erik, the chief pilot of the operation. He was very insightful. We talked about how the company does hiring, training, etc... I also met several of the pilots that flew for the company. Everyone was very welcoming. I spent the rest of the day with Clair who deals with charter sales. She is in charge of quoting and booking the trips as well as handling customer service requests. My first day was excellent! Everyone was wonderful and I look forward to learning more about my new team. I would love to share more but my brain is fried! I need to rest up so I can soak up more knowledge tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment